It’s very hot these days !! Cooking is almost a torture, burning stove and oven are enemies of the environment and instigator of global warming.
What are truly and unique edible with these temperature are refreshing ice cream … so here goes a salty ice cream.
Ice cream parmigiano is one of the most famous recipes of the legendary Ferran Adriá, probably done with textures, and foam etc etc, but as I was not lucky enough to taste this delight live in the famous El Bulli I’m just happy to try a homemade version that I found in an Italian cooking magazine “Sale e Pepe” a few years ago.
This is the gluten free Parmesan ice cream recipe:
- 100 Grated Parmesan (if possible find true parmigiano reggiano or grana padano)
- 2 dl fresh cream
- 1 egg white
- 2 celery stalks
- salt and pepper
- Melr the cheese in a casserole with cream at very low heat for 3-4 minutes, add the pepper and let cool.
- Beat egg whites very well.
- Incorporate the beaten egg with the cheese.
- Put it in the freezer until the mixture begins to freeze
- If the ice cream is very frozen leave it at room temperature until you will be able to cut into pieces and put it in the mixer at medium speed for 20-30 seconds .
- Serve immediately the ice cream with a julienne of celery on a rice cookie or wholemea gluten free bread and for non-celiacs on a slice of whole wheat bread